Help The Diabetic Children’s Foundation reach our goal of $20,000 which would allow 10 children to stay at Camp Carowanis this summer! Carowanis is a Diabetes Summer Camp for children aged 7 to 16 in Quebec.
During their stay, this money will be used to:
- Provide the children with 24-hour medical supervision by a multidisciplinary medical team (doctors, nurses and nutritionist) that will be present at the camp. They will manage and control the diabetes (insulin adjustments –pumps and insulin pen-, assist with the taking of blood glucose levels), and correct hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia;
- Revise the children’s treatment plan every day;
- Manage the children’s meals and snacks with an individual meal plan;
- Offer various sports, activities, and new friends, also diabetics!
- Offer parents a ‘time-out’ period.
1 km, 5 km and 10 km Saturday, April 21st, 2018
21 km Sunday, the 22nd of April 2018
Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal
To participate in the Challenge, you must collect or donate the minimum amount indicated below.In exchange, The Diabetic Children’s Foundation will reimburse your registration fees!
|Registration cost||Minimum donation *|
|1 km (2 to 13 years old)||$25||$35|
|5 km with stroller||$60||$150|
|21 km + 5 km||$110||$300|
|21 km + 10 km||$120||$350|
* The Diabetic Children’s Foundation will refund the registration fees of participants who will raise the minimum amount associated with the distance chosen. If a participant cancels its participation after he has registered, he will be asked to pay the registration fee, as The Diabetic Children’s Foundation cannot be reimbursed by the Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
For more information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.