Fred, the Diabetic Children’s Foundation, has been close to families’ hearts for over 40 years. It helps insulin-dependent youngsters and teens and their families deal with the daily challenges of type 1 diabetes. Through its programs, activities and vacation camp for diabetics, Fred is always there and actively promotes optimal care for diabetic children in Quebec.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will act as the point of contact for communications, public relations and social media matters to maximize the outreach of Fred and its various programs.
The incumbent’s role consists of initiating, developing and implementing communication strategies to increase Fred’s outreach and visibility. He or she will manage the communications budget and digital content (website and social media). The incumbent will also develop new communication tools and relevant programs and organize activities and events.
- Develop communication strategies and action plans to increase Fred’s presence and outreach.
- Carefully manage the annual communications budget, monitor it and ensure its compliance.
- Keep abreast of activities, programs and events in the health sector and other interesting visibility opportunities for Fred.
- Hold communications activities, demonstrating ethical behavior and respecting Fred’s culture and values.
Content writing and preparation
- Write and deliver programs and communication tools in line with the Fred brand and ensure on-time delivery.
- Prepare and deliver informative, promotional newsletters and Contact D, the seasonal publication.
- Write, edit and update content for social media and community management (web advertising, website, LinkedIn company page, Twitter, newsletters, presentations, letters, media releases, etc.) while improving frequency and increasing quality and customization using messages relevant to the target audience.
- Participate in designing new communication and business development tools for Fred (e.g., brochures, presentations).
- Improve referencing (website and social media).
- Prepare reports (social media, performance and campaign results) for various committees.
- Develop a general timeline and an editorial calendar for all platforms.
- Be abreast of trends and best practices in the field.
- Participate in an innovative and creative culture.
- Organize visibility projects and plans for partners and sponsors in collaboration with management.
- Develop promotional, visibility and branding tools related to Fred programs and activities (promotional cards, banners, promotional items, etc.).
- Analyze various strategies and prepare reports.
- Participate in organizing new, innovative activities and benefit events.
- Participate in developing established fundraising event concepts.
- Support the team in other related matters, if needed.
- Develop new Fred content and presentations relevant to journalists and various stakeholders.
- Write media releases.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with journalists who cover type 1 diabetes.
- University degree in communications or relevant field
- Three to five years of experience in communications, writing, communication tool development, benefit activities, social media, etc.
- Knowledge of the health and philanthropic sectors, an asset
- Excellent command of French and English, written and spoken
- Strong writing skills
- Significant experience in community management, writing, creating, and designing and executing social media campaigns aimed at increasing growth and positive engagement
- High level of proficiency with Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Long-term vision
- Thirst for knowledge, avid learner, ready for change and innovative
- Demonstrate judgement, problem-solving skills, sense of initiative and proactivity
- Demonstrate excellent relationship and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills, as well as discipline
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously
- Highly adaptable and autonomous
Salary based on current salary range and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit their application with a cover letter and résumé no later than January 30, 2019, at 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.