We are aware that the COVID-19 situation is worrying.
Be assured that your Fred team is there to support you.
Our office is still open and you may reach us either by phone or by email should you have any question. So, feel free to contact us.
Follow us on Facebook to stay informed!
You are worried? Don’t panick!
According to many doctors, people with Type 1 are not more likely to get the COVID-19.
Below you will find simple ways to protect your young T1D from Coronavirus.
- Always have him wash thoroughly his hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Have him monitor his sugar blood and ketones more often than usual (preferably every 4 hours).
- Keep the same routine with the medicine. Be cautious. Every new drug can impact the glycaemia (acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen).
- Store some carbs (crackers, juice, candies).
- Keep him hydrated.
- Keep handy your doctor’s phone number.
- Avoid public transport means and, should you need to use them, keep safe (use gloves and masks).