Test your knowledge with this diabetes quiz: True or false? Click for the answer.
Did You Know?
- At Camp Carowanis, close to 85% of the staff is diabetic and attended the camp as a child.
- Sébastien Sasseville, a Type 1 diabetic, has climbed Mount Everest, run the Sahara Race, completed an Ironman triathlon and run across Canada.
- The Diabetic Children’s Foundation organizes networking activities and support workshops to help diabetic children’s families break their isolation and share their concerns and personal experiences with other families facing the same daily challenges.
- Every summer, Camp Carowanis hosts close to 300 diabetic children, who learn to better live with Type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- The Diabetic Children’s Foundation organizes informal meetings, symposiums for families and healthcare professionals, as well as a host of social activities that bring families together.