“At Camp, I am not different.”
One of a kind in Quebec!
- A unique summer camp specialized in type 1 diabetes for the past 58 years
- Hosts 300 children and teenagers each summer for 2, 4 or 6 weeks stays
- Registration fees are kept as low as possible at $910 for two weeks – the real cost is more than $3,000 per camper
- No diabetic child is turned down at Camp Carowanis – we offer a partial or total subsidy program
- Activities of all types, outdoor or indoor, in team or solo
- Located on an enchanting and safe location, between a lake, forest and mountains
- Promote autonomy and strengthen healthy behaviours with regards to diabetes
- Promote healthy and balanced life styles
- Foster values such as respect of others and of nature, without discrimination based on social, religious, cultural, or linguistic differences
- Offer parents respite and a setting conductive to meeting and sharing
- Provide unique internship opportunities for medical students from university hospitals
Our partners – THANK YOU!
History of Camp at a glance. Supporting children and their families since 1958.