Fred helps diabetic children and teens and their families live better the daily challenges of Type 1 Diabetes in the province of Quebec, and ensures a unique experience of specialized summer camp for diabetic children and teens.
Founded in 1974, the Diabetic Children Foundation, a Non-Profit Organization is committed to:
- Develop and support teaching and information projects related to pediatric diabetis
- Promote optimal health care for Quebec’s diabetic children
- Support the Carowanis Camp, a specialized camp for diabetic children and teens
Fred achieves its mission through actions such as:
- Promoting the creation of connections (Get-togethers between parents, children, activities)
- Inform families (meetings, website, symposium)
- Promote the acquisition of life skills (specialized summer camp)
- Improve the quality of life and management of diabetes (communication, activities)
- Meeting place
- Common connection
- Open mindness and affiliation
- Concerted action
You want to learn more about our activities and to stay up to date with the latest news, for free?